Official Finalists & Results
On behalf of the Board of Directors of Theatre BC and the Jurors, we wish to extend our appreciation for all the work and creativity from the playwrights who entered the 2012 competition. In all there were 39 Full-Length and 20 One-Act script entries submitted, with a very diverse range of topics and themes.
The jurors selected a total of 8 finalists as follows: 5 Full-Length, and 3 One-Acts (see below). The winners of the 2012 Theatre BC Playwriting Competition will be announced on July 13, 2013, starting at 8:00pm at the Kamloops Convention Centre Theatre during Theatre BC’s Annual Provincial Theatre Festival “DESTINATION MAINSTAGE” Awards Ceremony.
2012 Competition Winners
- Full-Length Winner—MYRNA HARDIE, by Sonja de Wit
- One-Act Winner—DAHLIAS AND TEA LEAVES, by Brigitte Ganger
- Special Merit Winner—GHOSTS IN BAGHDAD (formally The Museum), by Michelle Deines
FINALIST SCRIPTS AND AUTHORS
FULL-LENGTH CATEGORY (In no particular order)
- GHOSTS IN BAGHDAD (formally: The Museum), by Michelle Deines—Vancouver
- WAR ON THE HOME FRONT, by Michael Poirier—Vernon
- A WALK ON MOSS, by Robert & Rayanne Charlie—Burns Lake
- MYRNA HARDIE, by Sonja de Wi—Shirley
- CHICKEN IN MOURNING, by Kim Clark—Nanaimo
ONE-ACT CATEGORY (In no particular order)
- WONTON SOUP FOR THE ASIAN SOUL, by Alan Chang & Claurien Zanoria—Surrey
- A VERY SILLY SCRIPT, by Peter Blacklock—Blind Bay
- DAHLIAS AND TEA LEAVES, by Brigitte Ganger—Burnaby
Click link for: Finalist’s Biographies
The Jurors for 2012, Garry Davey, Keith Digby, and Michael Armstrong, were confidentially and independently contracted to review this year’s entries. The three Category winners and five Finalists were chosen at the one and only meeting of the Jurors on Wednesday, May 1, 2013, after all the reading was completed.
Click link for: Juror’s Biographies