Our week of plays is now complete, following the conclusion of six regional Zone Festivals, each bringing their “Best Play” winner; a random “wild card” draw from Festival-entered plays; and a selection from our Travelling Adjudicator, who saw two plays in the Kootenay Zone and one in the South Island Zone.
The slate of Mainstage plays is as follows:
- Friday July 5 – North Island Zone
“The Diary of Anne Frank” by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett, produced by Nanaimo Theatre Group
- Saturday July 6 – North Shore Zone:
“Hidden In This Picture” by Aaron Sorkin, produced by Well Planned Theatre Co.
- Sunday July 7 – Peace River Zone
“Between The Sheets” by Jordi Mand, produced by Stage North Theatre Society
- Monday July 8 – Fraser Valley Zone
“Dancing At Lughnasa” by Brian Friel, produced by Langley Players Drama Club
- Tuesday July 9 – Central Interior Zone:
“Cherry Docs” by David Gow, produced by Williams Lake Studio Theatre
- Wednesday July 10 – Travelling Adjudicator’s Selection (South Island Zone):
“Stones In His Pockets” by Marie Jones, produced by Ladysmith Little Theatre
- Thursday July 11 – Okanagan Zone
“Late Company” by Jordan Tannahill, produced by Theatre Kelowna Society
- Friday July 12 – Wild Card Slot, from FVZ:
“Age Of Arousal” (link opens a PDF) by Linda Griffiths, produced by Opening Nite Theatre Society
- Saturday July 13 – Awards Gala Celebration at The Italian Hall
Tickets are available now to all performances. Use the links below to purchase:
- Buy a 3-Show Package
- Buy a 5-Show Package
- Buy a full 8-Show Package
- Buy a ticket to the Awards Gala Night
Ticket packages include admittance to the nightly green room parties and the morning coffee critique adjudications.
For individual performance tickets, click over to the Brown Paper Tickets website and do a search for ADSS Theatre in the Find An Event search box to reveal the various performances listed there.
Read on through our home page for more details about the entire week of Mainstage in Port Alberni. Theatre BC members receive an additional discount on ticket purchases by entering the code ALBERNI on the ticket package purchase page.