Zone Contact Information
– Zone Chair: Christine Daley, Kelowna – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Vice Chair: Vanessa J Lomas, Kelowna
– Treasurer: Richard Kerton, Vernon
– Secretary: Cara Nunn, Falkland
Current Member Clubs 2016-17
– Asparagus Community Theatre (Armstrong) – Club Rep: Lara Sheridan
– Powerhouse Theatrical Society (Vernon) – Club Rep: Sarah McLean
– Back Stage Theatre (Vernon) – Club Rep: Michael Poirier
– Fred Skeleton Theatre Company (Kelowna) – Club Rep: Peter Macleod
– Crimson Tine Players of the Princeton Arts Council (Princeton) – Club Rep: Emily Bain
– South Okanagan Amateur Players (Oliver) – Club Rep: Nathan Linders
– Shuswap Theatre Society (Salmon Arm) – Club Rep: Cilla Budda
– Theatre Kelowna Society (Kelowna) – Club Rep: Deb Nicholson
– TRU Actors Workshop Theatre (Kamloops) – Club Rep: Wesley Eccleston
– North Shuswap Players (North Shuswap)- Club Rep: Anne Flanders *2017-18
Past Member Clubs
– Erinara Studio (Kelowna)
– Kamloops Players (Kamloops)
– Penticton Chamber Theatre (Penticton)
– The Hub Arts Collective (West Kelowna) – Club Rep: Matt Brown
– Summerland Singers Players (Summerland) – Club Rep: Betty-Ann Xenis
– Class Act Theatre Society (Kamloops)
Zone Meeting and Elections Saturday September 24, 2016 hosted by Theatre Kelowna and held at the Rotary Arts Centre, 421 Cawston Ave, Kelowna, BC in TKS’s set shop.
Zone Chair – Christine Daley – current Vice Chair
Vice – Chair – Paul Kirkwood-Hackett, Vanessa Lomas
Secretary – Cara Nunn
Treasurer – Richard Kerton
Any nominations prior to the meeting please send to Penny Bayne, Nomination Chair, email@example.com with their name and nominees permission.
Nominations are also open from the floor.
To vote by proxy form, please download this PDF.
You will have an opportunity to speak – maximum 2 minutes.
We are looking for a host club for Festival 2018 – please discuss at club level for our new business and advise.
Okanagan Zone Festival 2016
The 2016 Okanagan Zone Festival took place May 21st to May 27th at the Frank Venables Theatre in Oliver BC.
Here are photos of the awards night at the Walnut Beach Resort in Osoyoos on May 28th and the 2016 Awards – Winners & Sponsors.
The Festival included performances from the following clubs:
May 21st Crimson Tine (Princeton, BC) presents Rabbit Hole by David Lindsay-Abaire
May 22nd Fred Skeleton Theatre (Kelowna, BC) presents The Pillowman by Martin McDonagh
May 23rd SOAP – South Okanagan Amateur Players (Oliver, BC) present Sleeping Indoors by Jim Holt
May 24th Back Stage Theatre (Vernon, BC) presents Posing for Mr. Wiser by Michael L. Poirier
May 25th Powerhouse Theatre presents (Vernon, BC) Unnecessary Farce by Paul Slade Smith
May 26th ACT – Asparagus Community Theatre (Armstrong, BC) presents The Maids by Jean Genet
May 27th Shuswap Theatre (Salmon Arm, BC) presents I Had a Job I Liked, Once by Guy Vanderhaeghe
With the Gala Awards dinner on May 28th, 2016
Awards and Scholarships
Any group interested in being involved in the Okanagan Zone activities, please contact Adele Kuyek, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org